View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 09:26 PM

Just to clear this part up the car is an '86, which really doesn't make a difference to the timing chain, just FYI.

As for getting pictures up, not happening. Dad's lives in AZ, I live in MT. Started the project with him when I was visiting my parents, that's when it started blowing oil/smoke, since then I had to come home to MT. Dad's totally capable of doing the job as he's a retired aircraft mechanic and taught me most of what I know. He just doesn't have a computer or internet access which puts me in the middle, that also means I won't be able to get pics from him in a timely manner. Still not heard back from Roy(whunter), think I'll email him too.

At this point I'm curious what you guys think about just using the old chain. I'm thinking that if he reconnects it and finds that it's not too stretched, why not. As I said he has 247K on it, and was going to replace it because he is pretty much already there. He changed which ever guide(s) he could access, but is on hold now because of the issue with the size of the new chain. Opinions?