View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 06:03 PM

Just for the record, in Smoothie's shoes, if I could afford to have it towed or hauled, that is what I'd do. HOWEVER, some of the folks around here with the "assets" to afford that option seem to have forgotten what it is like to be young and/or broke and not have the means to exercise that option.

I get the distinct impression that is the case in this situation, and were I in that kind of fix, I personally would give it a try. I'm no highschooler - I'm 45 years old, and I DO have assets to protect. That is why I have insurance. But I'm also not a wussy who's so risk-sensitive as that I border on being scared of his own shadow. I can also remember what it is like to be in a situation where I had no other choice but to do something like what he's attempting.

One good point that has been made is that I probably wouldn't go soliciting advice on the internet first. If something were to go wrong, then having heard and ignoring the warnings of those who are advising against it could be used against you.
99% original unmolested car
~210k miles on the clock

1986 Ford F250 4x4 Supercab
Charcoal & blue two tone paint over burgundy interior
Banks turbo, DRW, ZF-5 & SMF conversion
152k on the clock - actual mileage unknown