View Single Post
Old 03-14-2002, 05:54 PM
Certified diesel nut

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by deuce
The stuff is called Marvels Miracle Oil.
You talking about the Magical Mystery Oil?

It's actually called Marvel Mystery Oil. It's blood-red (in fact, there are those who say that it's re-packaged ATF, but I think it is at least slightly different) and comes in metal cans (although I think theyr'e finally starting to use plastic) and can be had at just about any auto parts store. The can will be mainly red, with black and white graphics and whatnot on the side.

Great stuff, but I actually found a couple things that could work better. One's called Seafoam. I haven't tried it in the fuel yet, but I put it in my truck's oil a while back; it seems to run smoother and be a bit more responsive. It's essentially working to clean out the oil galleries and such. It's supposed to be useable in oil and diesel fuel.

The other...I actually don't remember the name of it right now. I got it from Kragen, and put it in the fuel of my truck...seemed to have more power and ran a bit quieter. The jury's still out on it, though...the truck broke down last weekend and I haven't torn into the truck to figure out why yet, but it's definitely fuel-related (need to replace the return lines at the injectors, and I also either need a lift or an injector pump ), and I don't know either way as to whether or not the additive made a difference.

FWIW (I'm just starting to learn the quirks of M-B diesels, but I've been around diesels for a long time) I vote for an injector. The engine's too new to have anything internally wrong with it (i.e. I doubt you've lost compression), and you'd be getting lotsa smoke and be running rough while cold if it was a GP.

Just my $.02
Previous oilburners: 1980 IH Scout, 1984 E-350, 1985 M-B 300D, 1979 M-B 300SD, 1983 M-B 300D
Spark-free since 1999