View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Parts may fall off

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg487 View Post
I do blame environmentalist liberals for our problems, it is a reputation well deserved and hard earned. Even if there is only 500 days (a conservative estimate the liberal media loves to use) it would probably not be worth going after if it wasn't for the AGING PIPELINE WE ALREADY HAVE IN PLACE! So I stand by my assertion.
As far as oil resources go, I fully support getting to the resources where it is logical and ANWR is logical. I post my facts.
You didn't post any facts.. But I have to say I'm sorry, now it's ME that got my facts wrong. Checked the figure and it's actually lower! The mean value estimated to be recoverable is only 7.7 billion barrels which equals to 385 days of US consumption. This figure is from the USGS, not the liberal media.
http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/fs-0028-01/fs-0028-01.htm
(and please believe me, these recoverable oil estimates have always been, to put it mildly, on the optimistic side..)

I'd like to hear where you're getting the "aging pipeline" information from. I haven't found anything supporting the claim that TAPS would be so old it could not be used for further field developments.

As for the hydrogen issue.. it's regrettable that those idiots won't listen to facts and/or science. Don't waste your time on them.. it's not worth it.
1983 Mercedes Benz 300TD blue 7-seater, OM617.912 and 5-speed manual