View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfarnow View Post
Just curious... without using an injector tester are you just assuming the pop pressure is correct? I've always assumed you need to check that. Is it considered acceptable to just change the nozzles and put back together?

I would really like to have new nozzles put on mine, but really struggle with the idea of sending them out for over a week. If I could just change the nozzles that would be great!
Besides the pop testing when they rebuild the injectors part if what they do is to lap all of the interior mateing surfaces not to mention they get a better cleaning and will most likely be assembled in a cleaner environment.
If the area where the Spray Nozzle Pintel seats is worn out just replacing them with new Spray Nozzles will help only that part of the problem (Diesel Gaint has pic an text on how to do this).
As you indicted the pop pressures will be unknow and for sure the results will not balanced set of Injectors. Also if dirt gets between the mating surfaces or the surfaces do not seal properly they can leak between the injector nut and the injector body.
In the last 30 days I have bought 2 sets of Injectors (I pulled them myself) from the junk yard and both times they were $4.95 each + tax. If you did this you could send the junkyard set to the shop to be rebuilt while the other set stays in your car until they get back. Anyway those are my thoughts.

Last edited by Diesel911; 05-29-2008 at 12:30 AM.