Thread: She puked!
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 05:30 PM
cphilip.com

She puked!

her AC that is. Very hot here in the SE (over 95 F today) and after a couple days of running my nicely cold AC the last couple days pretty regular.

Today, she decided to puke some fluid/oil out of, what looks like, around that switch that is located right near the Accumulator (not too good on AC parts names so might have that wrong but the canister looking one with the sight glass just near the front bumper on passengers side). Does that itself switch leak sometimes? There is nothing on the lines coming to and from it. All on the switch and some on the accumulator and then the spillage down below it and off onto the ground. Perhaps maybe 10-20cc's of greenish oily fluid (not coolant as too thick and wrong color and smell). Probably has leak test die in it. We charged it a few months back as it was low and we wondered why it was low. Now... I think we know. But it appears sporadic too.

I imagine the system will have to be drained to replace it ether way. Will have it looked at tomorrow anyway and not use it in the mean time in case its lost a significant amount but it was cooling still very well when I parked the car. And I always turn the system off and let the car run a few minutes to cool down the turbo anyway so did the same thing this time. I almost suspect it leaked AFTER I shut off the motor but can't swear to it.

So whats your thoughts? Can that switch itself leak? The switch with two wires running to it. Whats that called? Thought I saw bubbling out of it. Will probably evacuate it and replace and then leak test is probably best plan.
1985 Piaggio Vespa T5 - Black and Chrome

www.cphilip.com