View Single Post
Old 03-18-2002, 10:19 AM

4.7 litre conversion on E430T

Thought you guys may be interested in some work I am having done on my E430 Estate (station wagon).
I bought the car with 100K miles (cheap) it is 1 owner and is in great condition - I use it for doing the 250 mile round trip to the coast where I go windsurfing. When I bought the car I had in the back of my mind, speccing it up, since it didn't cost too much to buy.
I have uprated the brakes using Pagid discs and fast road pads in the rear with Blue track pads in the front. It has AMG 18" wheels which were facrtory fitted.
I have just had it delivered to Vaeth in Germany (www.vaeth.com) to have their V4.7 engine installed. The spec is as follows.
Base engine: brand new 4.3motor with longer throw crank. Overbored about 1mm per pot. High compression pistons giving 11.5:1
Classic cylinder head machine work
sport camshafts
sport catalytic convertors
Reprogrammed ECU
This work is TUV certified @ 330hp and 345lb/ft@2800rpm
I am also having their sport differential which basically was developed with Mercedes to give armoured Merc's (think Russians) more acceleration by altering the gear ratios.
Lastly I am having new bisteins on the front.
Vaeth say the car will do 169mph and 0-62mph in about 6.1seconds with this work.
Should I have just bought an E55 ? who knows, I just love personalised cars
1995 Porsche 993 twin turbo 522ps/757nm DIN