View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 01:31 AM

Indicator problem - 1975 230

My turn signals on both sides, front and back, are blinking way too fast. None of the bulbs are actually burnt out, and I've sanded all corrosion off both the bulbs and the contact points, so I'm fairly certain that it's my flasher that needs replacing. I've pulled the dash apart and found the actual relay, but I'm having a hell of a time finding a replacement part. I called my local Mercedes dealership and they promise they can ship me a new one from Toronto in the next two weeks - provided I'm willing to pay $200 for it. Since the whole car cost me $700, I'm not all that interested. I suspect I could find a better price than that online, but I can't find the part anywhere. It's a six pin flasher, part number 0 335 240 002. I can't find any six pin flashers online anywhere, so I guess I'm wondering if maybe they've become obsolete? Is it possible that there's another kind out there that I should be looking for? Also, the pins on the one I've got are round, and I can't find anything that looks like that on the net either. I'd rather not get in an accident because of such a little part, so I'd really appreciate any advice you have.

--Sarah