View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdoc View Post
I will now say something controversial here, you will not get a vibration in the front end if your tires and wheels are perfect and you have worn front end parts or minor alignment issues, period. The vibrations all come from the tires and wheels. Worn suspension parts may make out of round or out of balance balance tires and wheels related vibrations worse and if the front end parts were new it might help mask/damp the vibrations. In other words, if the tires and wheels are perfect your vibrations will almost assuradly go away. It took me 3 years to realize this but now, without changing a single suspension part but simply by having 2 wheels straightened and new, round tires installed I have a car which has no front end vibrations.
Maybe true, but since there is no such thing as "perfect" tires and wheels worn parts and suspension issues will certainly amplify slight imbalances and result in shaking that is not the complete answer. I have had shaking "cured" by replacing parts and having the alignment corrected as well as by replacing worn tires (seperate events). In reality the wheels/tires, suspension parts, and alignment all have to be reasonably correct.