View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meplat View Post
Heat it good enough for the pump and it will be good enough for the injectors as well.

But you have a lot of injector tubing hanging out in the breez between the pump and the injector.

Testing injector temperature will give false readings.

Tecno-bable. If you think you know a method of testing actual injector tip temperature in a running engine, you must have access to some really good drugs.

convection from the head coolant and combustion will warm them up quicker than the fuel.

True, but that's not the point. The point is the hotter the fuel at startup in a cold engine the better the injector pattern and the less likely to cause coaking and fouling. Most of the "gumming up" you are always belly acing about happens in the first few revs before combustion heat has a chance to heat the injectors and lines through CONDUCTION not convection. The injector really dose not care how cold it is but burning cold fuel can help plug it up.
I've seen "heaters" on the injection lines leading to the motor that apparently can heat up to 200*, where can I find these? Would that solve some of the heating issues related to the injectors? I have NO idea what they are made up of (a hot wire maybe?), but I was planning on putting these on my car considering the time of year I'll be on the road.

Another thing I'm wondering about is where I can find cubies for sale. Is there an internet supplier or some place I can pick them up locally? I want to have a couple in my trunk both for settling and for extra capacity.

Thanks again guys.