Thread: bozio nozzles
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 01:21 AM

bozio nozzles

While in Iraq I did some forum searching and learned of the "famed" Bozio nozzles. Seems that most like em and some don't. Overrated perhaps? Maybe they are, but I went ahead and purchased them anyways.

I've also read that some prefer to have the injectors pop tested and adjusted. Some say it doesn't matter. Again I took the route to have them professionally installed and pop tested. In my opinion it's better to let a professional diesel shop perform the nozzle install and pop test.

While browsing forums I found a post where a guy in my area took his injectors and nozzles to a place called H&H diesel. So yesterday I decided to give them a call and see what kind of turn around and prices they charged. Their rate seemed fair at 25 dollars per injector and next day pick up. Shortly after the phone call I dropped them off and picked up this afternoon.

The gentleman who helped me had an interesting bit of information. For starters he said that the old nozzles had very little wear. I did not know the condition of those nozzles because I bought the injectors used on EBAY. He also told me that the new nozzles had a very very good spray pattern. That suprised me since these people replace nozzles on all sorts of injectors. In fact he told me to stop by and tell him how the new nozzles performed after I install the injectors. He had never heard of Bozio before but was impressed.

Here are a few pics of what I got back. Cleaned, lubed, and packaged injectors! They also threw in a set of heat shields! One might think they were new. From the looks of it the old nozzles are German made ones. I'm not sure if the Bosch nozzles made in other counties other than Germany have Germany printed on them, but these ones do. This leads me to believe that they were manufactured there.

When I install these I'm also going to adjust the valves at the same time. I figure I can knock two birds with one stone. This will be the last engine work I do to the ol OM616. Since there is no turbo to tweak with that's about the only thing I can do besides routine maintenance. Right now I'm averaging about 30 MPG and once I get these nice injectors installed and the valves adjusted, I'll post my results

The last pic is of the Fitch Fuel Catalyst I installed a few weeks ago. So far I'm impressed with it and the engine runs smoother with an improvement in fuel economy.
Attached Thumbnails
bozio nozzles-afterh-h.jpg   bozio nozzles-original_bosch.jpg   bozio nozzles-fitch_fuel_catalyst.jpg  

1984 Toyota 4x4.. Weber 32/36 DGEV carb, Offenhauser Dual Port intake manifold, TRD cam, MSD 6A ignition, MSD 8.5 wires, MSD Blaster coil, NWOR Tri-Y header, cat-back exhaust, NHK 3" lift springs, Black Magic electric fan, LC Engineering crank pulley,traction bars, LockRight locker, oil cooler, manual water temp gauge, oil temp gauge, vacuum gauge, and 394,000 miles on the clock with one motor change.