View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 04:15 PM

Those things are on the list now.
Freesil is at the Detailer's to be done tomorrow am. This car is filthy! and will challenge his expertise. also the engine bay is filthy as well. Being new to diesels I could not find the distributor (or equivalent)to show him what to cover when he cleans the engine bay.

It has only set for a few months, but it has been started almost once a week and moved. He would always drive it around the block when he moved the car. My little black box on top of the valve cover is missing, but the valve is there and the levers are TOAST. Thinking about doing an EGR removal.
I also have a tested used Cruise actuator to put on this weekend.
She started right up this morning, but was running poorly and I shut her off and restarted her and she was fine. I also had to add some power steering fluid as I heard a noise from the front as I backed out and turned, then remembered that was a PS sound. I thought at first it was suspension noise.
I drove her about 25 miles today, to transfer the registration(she's got good plates till Dec. so it cost all of $16.00). She ran fine over and back and to the Detailer's.

Another thing on the ASAP list is to change the tranny fluid and filter and the rest of the fluids, except the oil which has over 2,000 miles to go to change. It was driven about 200 miles on the last Oil Change done in March.

I love the smell of diesel almost as much as Coal fired Threshing machine smoke that brings me back to my childhood. Ah yes the smells of youth.
2001 Texas Heeler (Aussie/Queensland X) "Sulphie",
2012 Queensland Red Heeler "Squeak"
Best dogs I've ever had.

Last edited by Chadahar; 06-26-2008 at 04:20 PM.