View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 03:38 AM

Ok, did the drive today and it was really nice. I drove around Woodside a bit and there isn't really much parking in/around the village, so we are going to meet up at Canada College, just up the road from Woodside. They have some huge parking lots, and we shouldn't have an issue there. Worst case we are told to pay $2 per car for parking, but based on what I saw today, that shouldn't really be an issue.

So we will meetup at:
10:30 AM, July 19, 2008
Canada College, Parking Lot 3 (The first big one on the right)
4200 Farm Hill Boulevard
Redwood City, CA 94061

We will drive south on Canada Road into Woodside village, then continue straight on Mountain Home Road which winds through some of the most expensive real estate in California. Its a really nice oak lined rolling road. We will then go right on Portola Rd, then left on 84 west and take that all the way out to Highway 1, where we will go left then pull of just past the state beach for a few pictures. From there we will go north up to Half Moon Bay and get some burritos and food and hang out some more. Following that, back east on 92 where we will stop at Skyline and finish the drive there then go in our respective directions.

It should be a blast. The roads are really nice; 84 from Skyline down to 1 is amazing. Smooth, banked and fast all the way to the coast. The views are good and the summer weather on the Peninsula should be awesome.

Murdoc, I will be making a new map and route guide, once thats up, please edit it into the first post so people can see what is up.

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Boardmong...-Drive/si2.jpg

1983 300d Turbo (Daily Drive) -- 243,000 miles
1979 280ce AMG (Beginning extreme restoration) -- 141,410 miles
1979 Yamaha Chappy LB50 (Awating new points) -- 1411.6 miles

1981 300d Euro 4 speed -- 188,421 km -- SOLD
1979 300d Euro 4 speed (Sold to Brother) -- 257,000 miles

A Collection of w123 AMG Cars and Parts