View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Registered abuser

Methadone Maintenance Treatment (MMT)

Hello all,

I've a friend whom I've recently become very close to, and I have learned he's on methadone replacement for heroin addiction. He's on a very high dose (220 mg per day), and gets a weekly supply from the clinic. Recently he started a new job working in his field which is actually pretty close to working in a field (outdoors in the heat and humidity here in Houston) and either because of the stress of a new job, working and sweating outdoors, or for whatever reason, he's burning through his medicine too quickly. He actually got sick at my house last night.

Does anyone here have any personal experience with MMT? Is it possible to chalk this up to stress, additional demands on his body from sweating in the outdoors all day, etc.? The clinic would not give him any more meds yesterday and they want him to instead come in in the morning (Monday morning) and I will be there with him. I just really want to know if the theory he's giving me about why he's going through his medicine so fast is plausible or if it's a bunch of horse hockey.

Former owner of a few diesel MB cars
1998 Lexus ES 300 In Chicago We Trust