View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 03:37 PM

Answer this simple question then: What has caused the significant warming of the last 30 years? If you think it's the sun, you may want to look at what it's been doing in that period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddict View Post
Arguing against man-made global warming is like arguing the Earth is flat.
Thanks, you just proved my point. "ANY fact that is used in the argument by the non believer is scoffed at, and the pitiful non believer is then mocked and bullied into submission." The world is not flat. I believe that it is round. I also believe that it is presumptive if not outright ignorant to assume that humans can effect an atmosphere of a planet the size of earth when the Mt. St. Helens eruption, BY ITSELF, was estimated to produce more pollution into the atmoshere than ALL of mankind in the previous 200 years. That would include the Industrial revolution ie. unregulated coal burning at a scale we cannot comprehend in todays society, WWI, WWII (killing facsists produces LOTS of pollution) I could go on for a while, but I won't. Volcanos have been erupting for billions of years.Pollution created by humans is but a flea on an elephants ass in the grand scheme of things. Our planet has, by all accounts gone thru hundreds of climate change cycles, and will continue to do so long after we are all gone.

1983 300D Turbo

Excuses are crutches for the weak