View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Justice View Post
Phil Here, Well here it is, I just had fabricated and Installed the new 4 Tip Exhaust system for the rear of me 500 SL. I have been working on the Idea for some time now. The system can be put back to stock at any time due to the " Flanged" application of the Pipe set-up. I had a shop bend and weld the split rear section of the exhaust. I used 2.5 and 1.5 Stainless Pipe. The cost was 200.00. The 4 AMG oval tips were purchased on Ebay for 49.00 plus shipping. [What a deal]. The only cutting modification was to remove the rear Tow bar and to cut the rear Valance slightly to except the additional 2 Tips. Heat is not a problem due to wrapping the 1.5 in. pipe with heat proof wrap.

The Exhaust System looks and sounds great, with little modification to the SL. I could have placed the Exhaust Tips higher into the rear bumper but I did not want to cut out to much of the Plastic Valance.

I think it looks hot and it is functional, Also I did not have to spend 6,000 on a complete AMG system. Let me know what you think?

Two photo"s Included.

1992 Sweet 500Sl Phil Justice
Very nice work.
Can you provide the amg seller?
I will like to do the same.
Regards.
aam.