View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 05:01 PM

Since we are citing reports that test tractor engines on veggie oil, I think it is appropriate to note that the owners manual in my 12 valve dodge cummins states that alternative fuels can be used in the vehicle as long as the fuel meets ceratin specifications. It lists the range of viscocity of fuel the flash point sulfer content and more. I have already cited this information on one of these forums. Is this information "useful" enough for you? We have certain engine manufacturers that state tha certain fuels cannot be run in there engines, yet other manufacturers say that the same fuels can be run in there vehicles. We can believe what we want to believe, but I will take my owners manual as fact...at least for my dodge anyway......but I still blend oil in my mercedes. I have yet personaly experience any negative effects from blending. I also live in a hot climate....those tests were done in idaho.
-Stephen
1981 300SD 360,000 miles I think she's doomed for a parts car but has a good engine SOLD the engine to spamman
1977 300d non turbo SOLD
1985 300SD california car
1978 240D Manual