View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 06:36 PM

Check this cool electric British car out!

Check out this cool ELECTRIC car, but .....

every time I've posted anything about a technology other than the oil based piston engine car concept, all the naysayers have been there, in force. The most recent was my post about an air powered car already in production, made by Tata Motors. The car goes 125 miles, on what amounts to $2 worth of electricity to 'air up' the car on compressed air.

The naysayers posted, ""Yeah, but it still costs $2 in electricity", and "yeah, but there's no place to air up the car", etc. I guess those people are always negative. Afterall, there was nowhere to fill up gas cars either when they came out. (The Tata motors car comes with its own compressor so you can air up at home, plus the compressed air tanks are designed to crack and release the air on impact so they don't explode in a crash).

For me, I think it's a GREAT START to get away from oil, but I guess others just don't see it that way. Now, here's a really cool electric car, 186 mile range, on a 10 minute charge???? WHOA!

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/landingpage.aspx?cp-documentid=567196&landing=newcarresearch&topart=newcarresearch&icid=573&GT1=22017

Last edited by jbach36; 08-03-2008 at 06:37 PM. Reason: incomplete