View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercmad6.3 View Post
Hi,yes it's a right drive 5.0 liter manifold but it would fit if the down pipes were modified to suit. The ports are twice the size though ,I sat this one next to a 3.5-4.5 manifold last night and the difference is rather stark . also the down pipe is designed to head the pipe really close to the trans bell housing . Almost over the top of the trans in fact. Perhaps later W107 manifolds are what you need because this design makes it obvious that the engineers realised a design fault and rectified it ....later.
Thanks - It was interesting to see how MB had modified the manifolds by the time they got to the 5.0L engine. I would like to find out if there an improved design that will fit my car.

The early cars had manifolds like mine. Then the US cars had catalysts in the engine compartment. Later these moved under the car. Don't know how the post catalyst manifolds compare with the early ones, but would be interested if they were improved.

Question - I don't recall any fixed clamp on the exhaust pipes under my car. I may be wrong, but I think all supports are hung with rubber o-rings. Is this true for my car and other SL models?