View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBroke View Post
A page right out of my own book. Mbeige, I'm envious that every part of your car appears perfect. Great job.
The key word is "appears" ... in truth it isn't. That's the worst part, I know what isn't perfect but others think it is. Kinda wish I didn't know

I've decided, I might give Meguiar's Exterior Detailer a try on the headlights. We'll see, I'll open it up this weekend, and install the fresh new lenses and gasket after letting it dry completely. Worse comes to worst, I won't touch them anymore, just clean them thoroughly and reinstall.

Mark, the reflectors cannot be purchased separately, as far as I know. The lenses, as you already know, can.

Here's a fun fact: the W126/W116 C-pillar reading lamps, have bulbs in them that have pointed tips instead of rounded off, as in the city lights. These pointy bulbs, fit in place of the city light function, and are said to be much, much whiter than the rounded ones. Hope to install my pair when I replace the lenses. Also awaiting the headlight adjust switch from a friend of mine.

I can now appreciate the city light function, over the standard DOT spec lighting. With the city light in the European configuration, you can drive in the daytime (sunset/dusk) with them on, and won't look "odd" with only the side markers on (in the US DOT system). So I use them during the day. We'll see, also, if the fog lights have this yellow "cap" similar to the W124/W201 setup. I have one my friend gave me, perhaps I can bug him for the other one too.

Also, I'm going to install a pair of Bosch Europa horns. I'm surprised, because I got them real cheap, but on eBay they go for $300! That's six times the money I paid for my set, and both items are identical and have everything complete, even the Bosch relay.

Last edited by MBeige; 09-13-2008 at 12:58 AM.