View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBeige View Post
The key word is "appears" ... in truth it isn't. That's the worst part, I know what isn't perfect but others think it is. Kinda wish I didn't know

I've decided, I might give Meguiar's Exterior Detailer a try on the headlights. We'll see, I'll open it up this weekend, and install the fresh new lenses and gasket after letting it dry completely. Worse comes to worst, I won't touch them anymore, just clean them thoroughly and reinstall.

Mark, the reflectors cannot be purchased separately, as far as I know. The lenses, as you already know, can.
Looks like I may be stuck with the US headlights for awhile. I coukd install a pair of 7" round H4 lights, though I don't really have a problem with the halogen sealed-beams that are in there now. If I eventually restore my Euros, I'll retain the parking-light function I added to my front amber corner lights, just to avoid possible hassles with state inspection. Some of our VA inspectors might not understand the concept of having the parking lights incorporated into the headlamp unit.

Ironically, while many are adding Euro features to these cars, mine is (at least externally) getting gradually Americanized. A PO changed the front bumper to US-spec. I added US headlamps, and my remaining exterior Euro feature - the rear bumper - was hit on the left corner, so I may go ahead and install my spare US bumper there as well. Unfortunately that means I'll have to remove the German trailer-hitch. But at least I'll have bumpers more suitable for local driving conditions. And I think the US bumpers on these cars are better looking than some other 5-mile designs.

Happy Motoring, Mark