View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 10:57 PM

95 E320 ASR problem - please help

1995 E320, 198K, runs great except for an ASR issue I am having.

While acceleration hard, the ASR warning triangle lights up and cuts my power, and even applies the back brakes. It will usually do it from 50mph up with spirited acceleration. Also, sometimes I notice that when I let off the gas after it kicks in, the car will brake violently and pull to the left or right, almost dangerously.

The car's ABS also occasionally kicks in during normal routine stops. The cruise control sometimes works, but mostly doesnt.

The car is not reporting any codes, on any of the different pins. The tires are all the right size, all have same tredwear, and all the correct pressure. Im really dumbfounded as to what it could be. There is no dummy lights on in the dash. Curently I have disconnected the drivers front ABS sensor so that the car is drivable.

Ive replaced the brake switch and that did nothing. The car has a new engine harness and also a new EA harness.

Im wondering if it could be a bad OVP relay or an ABS sensor? What should my next course of action be? Im surprised the car is not reporting any codes.

Thanks to all who respond...