View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 01:34 AM
Power User

I don't think an echarger would be a means to get real power but I do think it could be installed in such a way that it could help spool the turbo faster and not obstruct the air flow on the top end. Every year when I install a new air filter there is a definite difference in off the line performance as well as quicker spool time. If you connect the echarger to its own air filter and run it in parallel to your existing air filter you can reduce your air intake pressure drop at lower rpms and possibly maybe 1/20th a psi off the line (even though it would blow some air out the primary filter).

You could also use a double pole double throw relay to activate it and while its active kill the field coil in the alternator. This would eliminate alternator parasitic losses . Of course it would only be good for short bursts but once you get the turbo spooled these engines aren't that bad with out any assistance.
Attached Thumbnails
Can this work as an electrical supercharger?-ebooster.jpg  

http://ecomodder.com/forum/fe-graphs/sig692a.png