View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 12:07 AM

Not gonna be fuel leaking, since I definitely have to add oil to the engine regularly (too regularly!)

I might be able to rev it under no driving load but again, this doesn't start spewing until like 55 or 65mph with tranny load. (This is a stick shift BTW but that shouldn't matter.)

Oil line supplying the IP - haven't seen this so I'm gonna look for it and assess. Thanks! Would it shoot oil up onto the side of the block like that?
Other thing I have considered was the oil cooler lines leaking but they are not wet.

Worst part of this would be that if some other component is spraying oil up into that area, it seems highly unlikely that oil wouldn't also be all over the side of the head. but it's not; what you see in the pic is the highest point of visible oil - then the block gets covered from there down. But we can pretty safely attribute the "covering" to the wind & motion of the car that is in play at highway speeds. It starts at the front of the block, and then heads down & back from there. I note that this bolt is directly behind the little "L" portion of the head that accounts for the timing chain housing.

Thanks for the ideas - please keep 'em coming if you all don't mind!