View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 05:01 PM

i remember now

So there is a bolt above the vacumme pump to the left that you have to loosen to get the assembly out of the housing the bolt on the side locks the "bolt" in place. Once you get the top off, there is a allen wrench at the bottom of the housing that eirther allows you to pull the assembly out or just lossens it. I cannot remember the specifics but research a little more. I dont recall the name that you gave to this part. I do belive that the entire assembly that goes from the top bolt all the way down to the oil pump in the sump is what you are found and refering the part to. The "bolt" is inside that assembly and has a different name. From what I can remember the bolt looks very similar to a glow plug and is about the same length but a little bit more fat and hollowed out inside. It is really hard to explain something in detail when it happend a couple years ago. and for my young age (23) I should be able to remember all of this, but it ascapes me at the moment. I hope this helps and I am not confusing you more!
1981 300SD 360,000 miles I think she's doomed for a parts car but has a good engine SOLD the engine to spamman
1977 300d non turbo SOLD
1985 300SD california car
1978 240D Manual