I bought a 1995 S320 Long wheel base last month
with 70,000 miles. One owners. Paid $22,500.
After reading all the possible things that could go
wrong, I got on line and looked for an after market
After dozens and dozens of warranties I have found this:
1) Beware of the term "bumper to bumper" warranty.
2) Look for what is called exclusionary coverage.
Simply, everything is covered except for the
listed and excluded items.
3) I ended up purchasing my warrant for 36K and/or
3 years for $1850.00. This covers the all important
evaporator. Look close, may warranties do not
4) Make certain that you get "enhanced electrical" since
this car has power head rest along with all the bells
5) Pay extra for the Zero Deductible.
6) Be certain, last but not leaset:
MAKE CERTAIN THE INSURANCE COMPANY WHO
UNDEWRITES THIS POLICY HAS AT LEAST AN
A.M. BEST RATING OF "A" OR HIGHER.
I kid you not, I checked every warranty out in the market
and after many hours can tell you 75% of the warranties
are so limited in nature that it is like throwing money
into the wind.
LAST!!!!!!!! MAKE CERTAIN ITEMS THAT FAIL ARE COVERED
FOR "WEAR AND TEAR".....
I found a lot of warranties does not cover Wear and Tear
if you can really believe this.
If I can be of any further help, please let me know.
Fingers crossed, I hope both our S320's give us
many years of good driving.