View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderblunder View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a 97 E300D with 132xxx miles. Last summer, I started to notice "COOLANT LOW" would pop up on display so I took it to Mercedes shop and they replaced God knows what, I paid about $700. after a week of driving it, the issue returned and I took it back and they told me that is a different issue and after going through the checkup they called me and gave me a price of $1700 for redoing the cooling system. I went to the shop pretending that I will have the suggested work and upon arrival I asked for the keys and drove the car back home and garaged it until now.

I know I was taken for a ride and have very little faith in dealership and the shop I took it too which happens to be a very reputable shop in the area.

Given if I have the tools and know the issue, I can fix it on my own. So here is the issue:

I would pour the coolant, and then coolant disappears within a day or so. When I pour it in, I don't see or hear any leaks. I would like to fix it need directions to where should I start on it.

I would highly appreciate your help.
Thanks
Well if its not on the ground below the car in the morning its going into the engine and out the exhaust.
2003 Gray Mercedes ML350 - 122k