View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketrider View Post
Sorry Brian, I didn't get back on last night. I did, however, find that my primary filter was clogged with dead algae. It's pretty fine and likely small enough to pass through the tank strainer, which was clean on Sunday. I have a couple primary filters and I am using brake cleaner to clean them out as I change them. Would you agree with this strategy? I have to believe that I'm getting close! Maybe doing this for a few days will remedy the problem. Thank goodness the car runs great on my WVO tank, otherwise I'd be stranded.
I'd be very surprised if the primary was packed solid with dead fungus to the point where it starves the secondary for fuel. It's certainly possible, but, if this is the actual situation, you're looking at some serious fungus problems in the tank and the strainer would be packed solid. I'm not buying the fact that the fungus passed thorough the strainer and was stopped by the primary. The primary is basically there to stop rocks.........not much more. If the fungus was really prevalent, the secondary would be full of it as well.