View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm thinkin, I'm thinkin.

One Man.. 6 Speeds.. 8 Cylinders.. 1400 Miles and 24 Hours...
July 2004, babycakes went with brother, sister, nephew & mom to Darlington, SC for grandpa's funeral. The cavalier decided to sputter & stall the whole way. It took them 16 hours to get from north Jersey to Darlington. This was a Thursday evening that they left and arrived 1pm Friday. The family down there knew of no one to look at the car so the hero that I am, I decided to drive down. Not having anyone to look after the dog, I left at 8:30pm Saturday night. My ex, Patty agreed to go let Harry out around 8am Sunday morning. My friend Elias was staying with us and would be home by noon so he was ok..

I leave Pompton lakes, NJ at 8:30pm. The fuel tank was full and MY tank was filling up on a bucket-sized Dunkin coffee and Marlboro Lights. Passport up on the windshield and XM channel 150 set.. 21 gallon fuel tank on the W8 so I'll go a good distance if I keep my foot out of it.. RIGHT... My first stop was at 1am Sunday morning for fuel and since I had not eaten since 1pm Saturday, a diner right next to the station. 2 AM back on the road - I-95 South, at roughly twice the posted speed limit. Arrival in Darlington - 6:15 am.