View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togorashi View Post
Well. I'm still stumped. From what I can tell, there is no hole to line up. I moved the track back and forth and there is NO opening at all.

The other thing I don't understand is that everyone says there are 4 bolts. Well I removed the 4 easy bolts. 2 at the back and 2 at the front. But there is still this middle bolt. What are these 4 bolts?
It's been awhile since I did the seats on the SDL's and they are slightly different than the W-123, but, if you look at your photo, you'll see the lower half of the track is secured to the upper half of the track in some fashion. The black stamped steel piece is between these two halves.

You'll probably need to remove the lower half of the track first. Then you'll find the holes in the black stamped steel piece that the other posters are referring to. You'll need to get a #3 Phillips screwdriver and extend it though the hole in the black stamped steel piece and snag the head of the screw that holds the track to the seat frame. There are three of these screws on each side.