View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvfast1 View Post
I dont know if this is the correct way to get the info out, but this thread helped me with my 1987 300d with om603 alot so i just wanted to clarify some things that were not clear and i learned making the repair....I ordered the fan and clutch part#s 606 200 01 22 and 606 200 01 23 as per this thread for my car intending to also get the bolts from dealer as described when fan and clutch arrived..But as my luck is the fan clutch arrived first and the fan was not going to come till the next day.. so I started the repair anyways to get as far as possible...while doing this i found out that the two clutches are fully interchangable in the OEM metal fan on my om603 with old bolts and all.. so i proceeded to put everything back together and tested it out in vegas 105 degree days with air conditioner on up hills and sitting at traffic lights... worked flawless right at 80c traveling and 85c at lights without aux. fan running...prior i was creeping to 100c+ at lights with aux. fan jumped to run constant without a/c on..The result being i had a plastic fan that was not necessary in the end..I was able to sell it to another member though..So i hope this helps anyone with a running hot issue that just wants to buy the approx $150.00 om606 fan clutch versus the special order 300.00 om603 OEM fan clutch and is ok with the existing metal fan...Thanks to all forum members for the input in these threads they saved me $150.00 just on this one necessary repair...I see alot of running hot threads in the summer most likely caused by long over due fan clutches
P.S. I dont know about other engines but i would assume the 5 cylinder diesel Om602?? would be the same repair..

Arlo

If this guy sells anything, he made everything quick and painless (something like an eBay feedback)! Thanks again man!