View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 12:32 AM

Well, I was going to put a large equipment battery in the trunk and run some welding cable to a solenoid, which I would run from the battery side to the stock battery then mount a momentary push button under the dash. That knob takes quite a pull, and its kind of exhausting to hold it there and wait for that thing to glow after a day of work..

The problem may be that the alternator doesnt have the push to properly charge a 1600cca battery??

I just changed the belt on the alternator yesterday, it looked like any industrial "swing" mount alternator could be pretty easily mounted there? --Which by the way was a complete joke because of the rediculous way the mb guys mounted the AC compressor, I cant believe they mounted that HUGE AC bracket to the 3 bolts on the water pump that hold it on!? I was a little upset about that, but its over now all that junk is gone.--

Another thing I was wondering, do you think that the injectors just need some attention? I feel like this car could start easier, and run better? Has any one started one of these regularly in sub-freezing weather? It does smoke a bit, and I havent ever driven one of these before, but it certainly seems like the car could have a little more scoot off the line... This whole idea may just be a big uneeded bandaid covering the real problem.. maybe? Do these cars just not like to start in the cold? By that I mean It takes say 3 trys at 30 seconds each.

Last edited by rummur; 12-07-2008 at 12:39 AM. Reason: add