View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm thinkin, I'm thinkin.

I had to resurrect this today. 30 degree temps the last few days and I'm condemned to every moron that drives in and calls with "Some light on my dash". Tire pressure light of course.. I really don't know which side of the fence I'm on. Has technology really made people stupid and lazy or is it simply more of the lack of self-responsibility ? Realistically I'd say, 80-plus % of the motoring public are not "car guys". They don't work on them or participate on forums such as this.

What gets me is that people will:
1 - Drive XX miles out of their way to come here to top off their oil because they don't know what the OIL MIN icon means
2 - Do the same for a tire pressure light.

And when we suggest checking the owners manual: "That's what YOU'RE for" was a response one of the other advisors got. Now I know that's kinda "what we're here for" but jesus.... Most every one of these people that come in under these circumstances, are navigating the hell out of their IPhone, Blackberry, Ipod,etc so I'm quite sure they either spent time with the owners manual to figure them out or at least spent some time understanding and learning it's features. So people want and demand thier bluetooth, nav systems, "Distronic Cruise Control",etc but can't be bothered understanding how it all works ? The car TELLS you by way of an OIL MIN light or CHECK TIRE PRESSURE light that you have a problem before it becomes a catastrophe, yet you can't be bothered to understand these systems that are there to warn you before you're doing 60mph on a flat tire ? before your engine seizes ? It just boggles my mind sometimes...