View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bio300TDTdriver View Post
I had the same issue on my 124 drivers side seat. I thought I took pictures when I did the repair, but if I did, I can't find them.

There are speedometer type cables that run into boxes that have plastic gears in them. I think there were three or four of them. In my case the cable had run past the ends of the gears. I think it was about 4 screws to open the box. Once I had it open I was able to align the cable with the gears. I also put some grease on the gears. There was plenty of grease in the box, it just wasn't on the gears anymore.

So if you have power, I could hear my clicking, it just didn't move. You may want to take the lower cover off the seat and open up the box the cable goes into.

I believe there are a couple write ups on removing the seat covers.

Did you have the memory set on the seat? Did you try setting it back with that if you did have it set?

Chris
My seat memory failed in the exact same manner as the switch itself, that's one reason I ruled out the switch early on. I've got no clicking noises, but I do hear the motor itself... it is precisely what I would describe as a cable that's no longer attached to the gear it's supposed to pull, now that I know what's in there.

~Michael S.~
Past cars:

1986 300SDL
1987 300SDL
1982 240D
1982 300SD

Current:

1987 300SDL