View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 08:21 PM

Good job Chad, I love my keyless entry.
I'm sure that pic will help out people in the future. My wagon is arranged a little differently...I had to drill two holes on the rear edge of the door and mount the actuator there. And my master vacuum switch is located a little higher, right under the lock knob if I remember right, so the connector rod took some bending. I'm sure there are more differences than that on the coupe doors One cool thing about the kit I got (also from ebay, around $35) is the flashing lights when locking/unlocking. The funny things is, every so often it flashes twice for "lock" and its only supposed to flash once (and its not me pushing the wrong button). Very confusing when you're trying to make sure your doors are locked.

One recommendation I'd offer is to use loctite on the screws on the "bug" (I didn't know it was called that ). Mine came loose after a few months. The solenoid hits the linkage with a pretty good force, and the total travel of the solenoid is longer than the total travel of the lock knob, so the bug gets the full force of the solenoid when the lock knob reaches the extreme of its travel. Also, I was probably a wimp and didn't tighten down on those screws enough the first time. Either way, now its got loctite...I rather a positive connection, for now the friction connection will have to work. Next time it comes loose, its getting JB weld