View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 09:37 PM

2002 SLK 230 Kompressor - New to Board

I've had this car about six months and drive it only on weekends. Its stays in my garage. It's been great fun. Yesterday, I had a terrible mishap. While sitting in a Bojangles restuarant drive through, the driver in the car behind me, drops her purse, loses her brake, hits the gas and plows in the back of my car. She's driving a 2003 Mercury Sable.As if this weren't bad enough, acellerates the gas to floor, pushing my MB into / under a Toyota truck. The Toyata rear bumper crushes my grill, driver side light and creases the hood. A witness said the driver behind was accelerating her car for about twelve to fifteen seconds. Rubber and smoke from her tires were everywhere.With all that, the air bags did not deploy. As far as I can tell I see damage to the engine. I drove the car home. I also walked inside and got my food.

Now with all that, insurance adjusters are coming to two days. What are some of things I should look for. Should I ask if the frame is damaged? Should I pursue getting the entire car painted? By engaging my brakes and being pushed under the car, is there damage to my brakes and alginment? Any and all advise is appreciated. I just want to make sure I get all that I feel is due to me. I wasn't physcially hurt, but emotionly I'm a wreck.
Thanks,
Steve