View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 06:46 PM

All...

Mpolli: No, the warranty is good for 5 years and 100,000 miles. I shopped this one out for a looooong time, before plunking down that much money. It was the best deal available from many vendors. It's truly a bumper-to-bumper warranty, excluding only "wear and tear" items. However, if I mod the car, I could be screwed in case I throw a rod...

Deanyel: Hmmm, perhaps you're right. I do love the car, and it is soooo tight. But I hate being saved from myself. Reminds me of the government. I want my car to do what I ask of it. And, if I had known about this, I probably wouldn't have bought it. It was an ebay car...I drove one briefly in town at a dealer before buying, but I guess I neglected to abuse that one enough...

ILUVMILS: Yes, ASR. That's the one I really hate. The one that bogs the car down like a carbureted car with no accelerator pump when you goose it from a stop. The one that caused me to cut someone off the other day that I could have easily gotten in front of without him even having to slow down, if the car had only worked like it was supposed to do - even if the tires might have chirped.

Douge: Is dyno mode the same as "ESP OFF" button? If not, how do you do it? I've also heard of some way to install a toggle switch in the wiring somewhere, have you heard of this?

When I hit the "ESP OFF" button, the damn thing turns itself back on at least one time before a key cycle. I haven't caught it turning itself back on a second time yet.

So, all: What should I do about the warranty thing? Should I get another brain, and then mod to my heart's delight - and switch the whole thing out in case it explodes? I don't even know if this would be feasible. I know absolutely nothing about the brain, or where it even is, etc.

Thanks to you all for your help...

Clay.