View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 07:37 PM
Gone Waterboarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodhiBenz1987 View Post
Well, I've been doing a fantastic job at my workplace, and my company is failing rapidly. So unless you have an inside track to every company on Wall Street, how do you know all these guys have been doing a crappy job? I'm sure some of them are ... heck, truth be told, most people in every industry do a crappy job. But the fact that their companies are doing lousy doesn't mean they're doing a crappy job.

I'm not at all against the thought that these companies should ax some of these bonuses ... I mean, it makes business sense to cut back on such things when losses are piling up. I'm just saying don't criticize people for wanting those bonuses or feeling angry that they aren't getting them. They aren't any more selfish than all the "working class" people we've collectively glued a ridiculous halo over. I think everybody has a right to feel a little sorry for themselves, as well as kick themselves, but we shouldn't just kick one sector of the class-spectrum while patting the other on the shoulder.
Do you realize that you are the one that is bringing the class aspect into this?