View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBlovr View Post
You must work for a crappy company if thats how you see things. I sure couldn't say that about the people I work with. As far as I am concerned the people I work with are extraordinarly smart, hard working, contientous and way underpaid compared to the clowns on wall street who I guarentee couldn't begin to do what we do in our business. I am friends with the guy who runs our division and I pretty sure that he makes in the millions and I don't begrudge one penny he makes.
I didn't say MY co-workers do a crappy job (although some of them don't try as hard as others). I just said a lot of people do. "Crappy" isn't really the right word, I was being overdramatic ... but a lot of people put in a little less than they should, because heck, that approach has worked for a lot of people for years. What I have to question in your statement is, how do you know what the "clowns" on Wall Street are like? I'm sure a lot of them are nitwits, but I'm sure a lot are intelligent people who are doing their jobs and are suffering because of the mistakes of others (both above them and below them). I don't really know ... but I also don't just assume they're all jerks, any more than the people at my company are. That was my whole point ... a company's failure isn't always reflective of the work of its various staff. I work extremely hard, and so do many of my co-workers, but our company is failing (it's a newspaper, if that helps explain anything). So I have to think that there are other failing companies with plenty of hard-working, intelligent people, too.
2018 Chevy Cruze diesel, 6-speed manual, satin steel metallic/kalahari--19,000 miles
1982 Peugeot 505 diesel, 4-speed manual, blue/blue, 130,000 miles
1995 S320, black/parchment--34,000 miles (Dad's car)