View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 04:17 PM
(Oo{-I-}oO)

I posted in bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by disbo100 View Post
Hi,

I did replace the primer pump with OEM.. Same story.

All three filters are clear and I can see that fuel has no problems getting to the IP.

Are you just using 3 plastic inline filters? I hope not. can you see air bubbles?

Ill pull the vacuum line off of the IP and see what happens.. Im assuming it SHOULD die.. if not what does that mean??

No, it should not. I am unsure of what the op is getting at, it may be this- it could be getting a bit of vacuum thru the switch and partially closing the fuel supply.

Ive done the diesel purge on this and my 4 other converted cars.. Ill give it a shot and see what happens..

If the IP is dead.. It should not work at all...RIGHT? or it may be so degraded it its only working at 20-30% power?? I dont know I havent ever messed with the IP.s

if it is not sealing well, the thicker wvo could increase pressure. and this failure mode would be somewhat gradual, getting worse as time progress's. caused by wet and or dirty oil. what is your processing technique?

Ill keep ya posted.

Chris

1999 Dodge Durango Cummins 4BTAA 47RE 5k lb 4x4 getting 25+mpgs, room for Seven.