View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 02:35 PM

Hmm... I see.

Up to this point, i haven't noticed buckling from the guide rod supports. Only free play within the range it now has to move in its worn out state. It must have been from that particular day when I hit that steep dip. Are they normally that sensitive?

Now that I think about it, I probably didn't absolutely need to replace them although I was replacing everything else and thought... why not?

But could the new ones I put in be cheap or defective somehow? They're Meyle if I recall correctly. What do you think of Febi-Bilstein?

On a separate note. Do you think the job can be done DIY with the springs in? I'm seriously hoping so because I'm quite a ways from my shop in Tucson and every shop out here that does a job involving compressed springs will run you a small fortune.

With the car lifted, do you think its possible that the spring won't exert force in the direction of the guide rod? I think that case would make it possible to just unbolt that L-shape structure and remove the guide rod support.

Thanks again,

-Troy
- - - '79 Datsun 280zx with '82 turbo motor
- - - Currently looking for a clean 190e with less than 160k miles.