View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 10:58 PM
MBdieselFREAK thats me!

Thumbs up W126 300SD Custom Cold air intake

Hey guys, check out my new Cold air intake that i fabricated last weekend! It works well i have made a video but, i do not know how to post it hahaha!

I have All the other pictures on my "Photo bucket" site!

Now well, i used some Aluminum intake Pipe with a slight angle in it, some silicone intake boots, a GM 3.8L supercharged air box that, i modified/painted, a second aluminum pipe and last a W123 cold air plastic snorkel. i Had to bend and cut the rad support to, fit the tubing without disturbing the headlight position or the rad. I did cut the W123 at an angle to direct air, right into the air box. Oh boy it does works very good..... its nicely sealed for maximum air cleaning, it does pumps nice cold air from the front of the car. The intake its self is made for the maximum restriction-less air flow to the turbo.

Inside my shop, when i had half the air box off with the filter, iused a huge electric fan in front of my car about 6 feet away to blow air at my car, and then i put my hand behind the box to see with regular outside air flow "without the car running obviously" how much air flows naturally in the intake. Well i was impressed, how much air i could feel flowing right on my hand, SOOOOO i Knew it was a job well done and it worked! So imagine with the car pumping that air..... yeah it does work very nicely! next Brembo Brake all around, 3" exhaust next week "straight pipe", intercooler set up......... stick around for more info and more pictures! any positive comments welcome or questions! Time to go its Beer Run time i just drank my last one cya guys ill update more pics next weekend! ("next zebrano wood allround and new interior")
Attached Thumbnails
W126 300SD Custom Cold air intake-dsc00473.jpg   W126 300SD Custom Cold air intake-dsc00478.jpg   W126 300SD Custom Cold air intake-dsc00480.jpg   W126 300SD Custom Cold air intake-dsc00490.jpg   W126 300SD Custom Cold air intake-dsc00486.jpg