View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 08:44 PM

So Here's a line by line breakdown of what I told the dealer and mechanic, and his suggestions... My issues will be bolded, his responses, italicized.
Blower Fan is hitting against something

Tech inspected and verified slight blower noise. Recommends New Blower

Price : $725

While accelerating (speeds of 65 mph) after letting off of accelerator, car will sputter, when reaccelerating white smoke comes from exauhst]

Tech Road Tested vehicle and verified white smoke one time on 10 mile road test. Tested EDS system and found several fault codes. Hear Compression type noise coming from back injectors. Needs to Reshim, Needs Vacuum Trans Dulers Inop. Recommend Testing injectors. checked for strectching timing chain. Recommend Switch over valve and Compression test. Tech replaced Leaking Fuel Return lines

Price... heh I'll break this one down.. this is outrageous what they were asking...

Test Injectors - $154

Compression Leaking around fuel injectors - $415 to Reseal

Valve Cover Gasket - $285

Compression test for cylinder leaking, test injector seals - $451

Vacuum Transducers inop - $519

Switch over valvees for transducers $186

Lower ball joints (Steering wheel issue) - $638

Frt. Strut and Upper Strut mounts (possible cause of squealing noise outside of car) - $1284

Transmission feels like it slips into gear rather than shifting into gear

Tech road tested vehicle and found shifting to be oay. checked transmission fluis level and found okay. Transmission pan and gasket leaking transmission fluis possible transmission clutches slipping.

Transmission leaking at pan. Gasket and Filter - $443

Grand Total of all listed repairs to my current Benz - $$5763

Only thing I let him do, was replace the fuel return lines between my injectors. And honestly, that was in his opinion the most pressing issue for my car. I firmly believe that with a lift, and the proper tools, I can fix all these issues with my car for a fraction of the cost... What do you all think? I'm leaning towards seeing what I can do for myself, and getting parts on order and digging in, hardest part prolly would be getting the right sections of the manual printed out so I have some guidelines to follow while attempting the repairs.