View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 10:26 AM
https://fintail.org

Whether or not they are original, I want them. I would buy the car, remove the overriders, and then resell the car if I could afford to. But I will get them eventually. You know how?

They had the car for sale for $2,999 before it was $1,999. And I think they were selling it for more at one time. No one will buy it with the way the economy is now and it being an older luxury car. It will wind up in the Pull-A-Part and I will be first in line to pull those parts.

You may laugh, but I have seen more than one W116 or W123 Mercedes that was in superb condition with a $1,999 or so dealer price tag on the windshield that never sold and then was sent to the wrecking yard. There was a time capsule 450SEL at a wrecker last year that had about 50,000 miles on it. The car was in mint condition and I only had time to pull the dashboard out before the yard closed. The next day I went back and there were two cars stacked on top of it. All the original glass was broken and I couldn't get back into the car because the roof had collapsed.

And I say USA bumpers + Euro lights = win.