View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 06:57 PM

Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer380SL View Post
I have a 1982 380SL 107.045 and am in need of a fuse diagram.

Recently, left side cluster (oil pres, gas gauge, and temp) all went out at once.
Would these be fused or tied to a common relay.
FORMER friend of mine was "helping" when vehicle was RUNNING and he removed all of the relays (4) one at a time from fuse panel in passenger kick plate to check for corrosion!, while I was under hood lubricating fuel linkage.
Anyway, shortly after, I noticed that the left cluster was out, any ideas there would really help.

I am also trying to figure out a fuel issue.
The car sat for about 4 years with half a tank.

I knew fuel was suspect so disconnected the fuel line input to the fuel distributor and pumped about a quart into a bottle.
Saw a little bit of water, very little but it was there.
I then replaced the fuel filter and plugs. Saw some brief but encouraging improvement but then it reverted to old sputter bug from take off.

Thanks!
ISSUE: Recently, left side cluster (oil pres, gas gauge, and temp) all went out at once.
ANSWER: Bad ground common to all effected circuits.

ISSUE: Fuel issue, the car sat about 4 years with half a tank, disconnected the fuel fuel distributor input line and pumped about a quart of gasoline into a bottle, saw a little bit of water, very little but it was there.
ANSWER: The system is contaminated with varnish, and water/rust = the new filter is plugged with sludge.
* Drain everything from the fuel system and tank.
* Flush the body mounted steel lines with carburetor cleaner, followed by fresh fuel.
* Remove and have the fuel tank professionally cleaned.
* Replace the filter again.
* Fill the tank with fresh fuel.