View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 05:50 AM

So, you did not try to start the engine until you had both changed nozzles and installed an offset cam key? I have never had any problems starting a previously running engine if I removed only the injectors, just bleeding the hard lines like you described has always been sufficient. However, you have done several operations at once, I would first go back and verify cam timing and IP timing, because those are the two items that you have disturbed. As you probably know, it is very easy for the IP shaft to turn as you install the IP and that can really throw things off. Do the drip test or fuel rise test. Make sure your cam lobes are pointing in the right direction. If you did not disconnect any fuel lines at the IP, air should not be the problem, but maybe you flexed one of the rubber hoses and it has a small crack in it that is hard to detect? I usually loosen the banjo bolt at the top of the secondary filter housing and pump the had pump until all liquid comes out around the bolt and then retighten it to bleed air out. I know this is going to sound really dumb, but are you sure you are not out of fuel? If you feel the need, you can spray WD40 into the intake as a starting aid, the car will run on it and it won't cause damage like ether.