View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 01:42 PM
10mm MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesDean View Post
The stock idle adjust screw is spring loaded. Would it be possible to replace it with just a screw?

I need the bolt to be longer than it is. I've maxed out the adjustment and my idle isn't where it should be.

The reason I need it to be longer is that a few years ago I broke the perch where it originally mounted to and now it is mounted higher.

The spring mechanism is pretty stiff in the screw...

If I cant replace it with just a screw, I might look into having the it threaded more along itself. There seems to be ample room for more threads to be made.

Thanks,

Kris.

The spring allows you to move the rack to the stop position via the external throttle. This is how the manual red "STOP" lever on the engine works.

If you put a solid bolt in place of the plunger the red STOP lever would not work. Then, should the engine run away, the only way you could stop the engine would be the ignition switch. As an added bonus with a run away condition and no manual stop available, if you vacuum system is not in the best shape, the stop actuator may not have the ability to pull the rack back and you will need to get creative to get it stopped, like squeeze the life out of the fuel lines.