View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 02:17 AM
Pooka

You might just pack some cash and head for Fort Worth one weekend. There are a lot of these there and they have never been on a salted road. Take I-35 to downtown Ft. Worth, take the Lancaster Road, turn to the east and drive towards Dallas. I think by the time you get to the Dallas city limits you will have passed, inclucing all the car lots in Arlington and Grand Prairie, about 100 lots. One of them is bound to have a good one.

Lancaster becomes Division in Arlington and Main in Grand Prairie, by the way. I think it is also called US 80 in some spots and US 180 in others.

There is also a wrecking yard in Ft. Worth, on Elliot-Reeder road, that sells nothing but Jeep parts. Be careful here; this is a rough part of town.

I had one for a short time years ago. It did ride very nice, but boy did it need a lot of repairs. The reason I was driving it was I was making a 'few' repairs on it for a friend. I finally had to give it back as it needed more time than I was willing to give it.

The leather seats also do not hold up well in the D/FW sun, but you can still find good ones that have been garaged. Most of these were bought by Doctors or whatnot before the Chevy Surbuban became the thing to have.