View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 08:20 PM

Folks,

Rechecked camshaft timing and IP timing this afternoon. Camshaft stretch is 6* ATDC, IP timing is set at 24* BTDC. Checked valve clearances, and it's as if I just adjusted them: exhaust at 0.3 mm, intake at 0.1 mm.

I would like to avoid spraying WD-40/ether/starting fluid until I'm absolutely hopeless, which I'm not yet. However, I am out of leads.

At this point, I think there is air in the fuel system because the car produces no visible exhaust when I crank it.

Some questions:

# Even though I didn't break the fuel lines before the IP, and the hand pump seems to be solid, could the IP have gotten air in it just because I removed the injectors? If so, how do it get it out?

# Assuming I am dealing with air outside of the IP--in the supply lines, the injectors themselves, and the return lines--will I be able to get the car to start by simply cranking the engine for as long as it takes, in 30-second intervals?

# Any other suggestions for getting this thing back on the road? I'm getting to the point where there's not much else I can try.