View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 12:45 PM

The brake pads that my indy put on my car were real squealers. After 100 miles of him doing the brake job, brake pads starting squealing something awful – I took the car back to him and he replaced the squealers with another set of the same brand. Within a couple of hundred miles, the squealing retuned with a vengeance. Guys, I don’t mean just a peep or a squeak – I dreaded EVERY stop; it was a loooong, screeching, soul-tearing squeal. After I took them off to replace them, I was so happy they were off my car that I didn’t really pay attention to the brand; I couldn’t throw them in the trash fast enough. They were either Textar or Mintex?
I put on a set of “PBR Advanced Technology Ceramics” and I have to say that I am very impressed with these pads. It is a complete and total joy to drive my Mercedes again. Pads are very quiet, not a peep out of them. They give out a minimal amount of brake-pad dust; the dust that it does put out is not graphite-black like my old pads - it’s more like a light grey and lots easier to clean up.
Anyways, this has been my experience with the PBR’s.